Wednesday 20 March 2013

UCAS Experience - Applying for BA Hons Graphic Design

I have decided to continue with my degree next year and top it up in order to achieve a BA Hons in Graphic Design.
I recently applied 5 universities in which I would like to attend for this particular course. After doing my research I settled on; Manchester Metropolitan, Sheffield Hallam, Leeds College of Art, Nottingham Trent and York College. I intend on entering at either year 2 or 3 of the course, as the extra year would help me to settle into a new city.

After attending all of my interviews I received all conditional offers, however, when I applied I had mistakenly entered point of entry 1, instead of 2 or 3.
Due to this mistake in my UCAS, I was unable to accept any of my offers as I would have been starting at year 1, instead of year 2 or 3 and I wouldn't be funded.

I then went on to apply through UCAS Extra, with the correct point of entry of year 2 at Salford University. I have been asked to attend an interview on 17th April, so fingers crossed!

I intend to complete my degree in a new city, in order to help me gain a little more experience and also give me the opportunity to visit a different place and hopefully a whole range of design agencies and organise summer placements which could in turn lead to potential career opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment