Monday 1 April 2013

Work Based Learning - Durham Fashion Week



The final design I chose to use was a mixture of all the styles I experimented with. I used a high fashion image and a very stylish logo which I felt met the brief requirements. I added texture and experimented with the levels and effects of the photograph in order to give a slight grungy look to the overall poster, making it stand out and also keeping it in trend. I also cut up the image to create an almost collage-like effect, which also added to the grungy tone, without taking away the high fashion and stylish effect,  I feel the overall poster design is very modern and meets the brief requirements most out of all of my designs. I kept this sleek look throughout the website designs, making the main focus the fashion photography. I also designed two landing pages one male and one female, which again makes the designs more gender neutral, rather than focusing mainly on women. 
During this particular project I learned a lot about time management due to a short time span to complete the work in, As well as this I feel as though I have further improved my design programme skills. In addition, fashion graphics is an area I have yet to complete a brief in therefore I feel as though I have learned a lot about that area in graphic design in particular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment